Wednesday, April 29, 2009

This Nasty Flu!

There is a lot of talk today on the adoption boards about the swine flu. There is talk that China my not issue TAs (travel approvals) because of this flu. My initial thought was, "Well, does this mean if they are held back does our wait get pushed back also?" After I was saddened by that thought the verse that God gave me at the beginning of this adoption process came to my mind.

Habakkuk 2:3 (Amplified Bible)
For the vision is yet for an appointed time and
it hastens to the end,
it will not deceive or disappoint.
Though it tarry, wait for it, because it will surely come;
it will not be behindhand on its appointed day.
ITS APPOINTED DAY!
The day we are to meet our beautiful baby girl has an appointment made by my Father in Heaven! He made the appointment, not me, not my agency, not China! Who could change that appointed time? This is all part of the wait He speaks of in the above passage. It was always planned to be this way. Knowing this gives me peace. If we are "delayed", I now know that we are not truly delayed we will be there on the "appointed day". I will just continue to pray that the day is soon.

3 comments:

Naomi said...

Thanks Gretchen, this was very encouraging to read!!! You are right, nothing can thwart God's plans!

Naomi

Cari said...

Awesome verse! Don't you just love it when God reminds us (in His still small voice) of who is really in control. He is so patient with us. Loved your post.

Karin said...

I have loved that verse for a long time. I'm glad you're hanging on to God about this because I was wondering all day about you and China travel.

hugs,