Monday, April 27, 2009

Closer....But Still So Far Away

We are on day 30 of our wait. On one of the sites I check it seems that people are now averaging 50 - 60 days for their LSC (formerly LOA) approval. That means that we are half-way there. I can't believe that we could be in China in August! That is only three months from now! I still have a bit to do to get ready for our baby girl, so three months is not looking like a very long time. I do miss her, though. It is so hard to think of your child being half-way around the world from you. I do pray that God shows her love every day through someone in her life.

I did get a surprise in the mail today. We received Ashlyn's finding ad! She is such a beautiful baby! I also received a translation of the ad and it did answer a question I had about the information we received with her file. She was not abandoned on the day of her birth. She was abandoned when she was three days old. There was a little confusion in her paper work. One paper said she was found the day she was born and one said she was found three days later. The second one was the correct one. I am glad that I was able to find out. I am a very detailed person. I need to find as much information as I can on anything that I am involved with. God knows this about me and blessed us with alot of information on our little girl. What a blessing this will be to her when she grows up. The two years she was not with us will not be a complete blank for her. She will have enough information about her time in China to feel like that part of her life is not completely missing. There are a lot of holes, but the significant parts are there. I do not take this for granted. I do know what a blessing it is for my daughter.

So as you see, we are closer to going and getting our little girl. But my heart reminds me several times a day of just how far away she is from her Momma right now.

2 comments:

Karin said...

You are far away, but God is holding you all in His hands-which makes you close. :) So awesome about the finding ad info. I love that you are already half way into your wait. It won't be long and you'll be going nuts trying to pack! :) We were in China in August one time. It's hot--but I liked it better than winter in China. I can't wait for you to go!!!!

to sing and to dance said...

Rumor Queen is saying that CCAA has temporarily stopped TAs and referrals for the next 20-30 days due to Swine Flu. I really hope this does not effect your situation too much.