Friday, October 28, 2011

Look at What I Got This Morning!!!

Oh, I can not WAIT to go and get this little munchkin!!! 
What a smile!! 
My heart is just gushing!!

Monday, October 24, 2011

The Ups and Downs of Adoption

My sweet friend is in desperate need of prayer today.  She will be travelling to Ch*na in a couple of weeks to pick up her little boy.  Problem is, China might say no.  You can read her story on my family blog here.

As for our ride, we are now waiting for our Article 5 to be issued.  The pickup date should be November 2nd.  Then we wait for our Travel Approval.  Last week Travel Approvals were issued anywhere from 10 days to 27 days.  The latter was because of the holiday.  So we could POTENTIALLY leave on November 19th, November 26th, or December 31st. Yes, welcome to the world of adoption.

Needless to say I am in high gear.  I have started collecting some things for our trip and the suitcases will probably make an appearance next week.  Packing for Ch*na is unlike any packing I have ever done.  It is utterly exhausting.  But it does get me excited! 

I am waiting for an update on Makinley....hopefully it will be tomorrow.

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Sent with a Prayer

This is the part of the process where I finally feel like I can breathe.  All of the final paperwork was shipped to China last night by our agency.  Now we wait for our Article 5 to be approved.  Then China will issue Travel Approval.  Now my brain needs to switch to packing mode because we are leaving soon to go and get our baby girl!!!  If the process goes as it has been, we will be leaving on December 31st.  That is only 79 days from today!!!!  I have a month and a half to pack and buy everything for the trip because I refuse to be concerned with that over December.  The only things that I will need to pack after Christmas is our clothes.  Time to start making sure that I have enough clothes for Makinley.  I can not wait to see her chubby little face.  I am so very excited!!!!!

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Almost There

We just received notice that our approval was cabled to Guangzhou on October 6th.  We are still right on track.  At this rate we should get our travel approval by mid November.  Then we can book our flights for Decemeber 31st!!!!  We're coming, baby girl!!!!

Monday, October 3, 2011

One More Step Checked Off

On Friday I received a phone call from our agency that our I800 was approved on Wednesday, September 28th.  Only three more steps and we can start making plans to go get our sweet little girl!  We anticipate leaving on December 31st and meeting Makinley on January 2nd.  Hopefully everything will continue to go smoothly.