Monday, October 24, 2011

The Ups and Downs of Adoption

My sweet friend is in desperate need of prayer today.  She will be travelling to Ch*na in a couple of weeks to pick up her little boy.  Problem is, China might say no.  You can read her story on my family blog here.

As for our ride, we are now waiting for our Article 5 to be issued.  The pickup date should be November 2nd.  Then we wait for our Travel Approval.  Last week Travel Approvals were issued anywhere from 10 days to 27 days.  The latter was because of the holiday.  So we could POTENTIALLY leave on November 19th, November 26th, or December 31st. Yes, welcome to the world of adoption.

Needless to say I am in high gear.  I have started collecting some things for our trip and the suitcases will probably make an appearance next week.  Packing for Ch*na is unlike any packing I have ever done.  It is utterly exhausting.  But it does get me excited! 

I am waiting for an update on Makinley....hopefully it will be tomorrow.


Vicky said...

I am praying for Lukai! He needs to come home where his Mama and Daddy can take care of him! Pray!

I'm so excited about you being so close to traveling! I love watching all our Z children come home!

Valerie and Jeff said...

Praying for you to travel SOONer rather than later--I guess I want this to be a 2011 thing. :-)
I can't imagine how crazy I'd be not knowing if it would be in 3 weeks or 7. BUT how cool that it is coming. Looking so forward to it!