Monday, January 26, 2009

Happy Chinese New Year!

Xin Nian Kuai Le! That means Happy New Year in Mandarin. Today is Chinese New Year and this is the biggest holiday for China. They all get together with family and celebrate the coming year. This year is the year of the Ox. The ox is considered a hard working animal so they feel that if you work hard you will prosper.

On another note... I am desperately missing my Ashlyn. This weekend has been the hardest for me yet. I guess with Chinese New Year coming up and her not home celebrating it with us, has been a bit tough for me. Our family is just not complete without her. We talk about her everyday. She is very much a part of this family. The kids pray for her everyday "because she is not home where she belongs". Jordan is even missing her so much now that he is asking to go to China with us because he just wants to hold his baby sister. So needless to say it is hard on ALL of us...well, except Noah, who keeps telling me that he is the baby and he likes babies, but when I ask him if mommy is going to bring a baby home he tells me "no". He then explained "I the baby". So besides Noah, our hearts are longing for this baby girl who we have not even seen. That love could only be from our God!

Happy Chinese New Year, and God bless!

No comments: