Monday, April 4, 2011

My BIG Ooooooppppsssss!!

Saturday the mailman arrived with a package for me.  "Wow," I thought, "that was fast!"  I should have known better.  Anytime you get stuff back from the government fast it is probably NOT good news.  It wasn't.  The documents that I sent off to be certified were returned to me because they were missing my marriage certificate.  Uuuummmmm...no they weren't.  The certificate was the 4th page in the batch of documents.  Now this in no way holds us up, but it cost me a pretty penny to send them off and then I also paid for them to send them back!!  Now I am starting all over.  What a waste of money!!  That was entirely frustrating.

But wait, another package...this one from USCIS!!!  Wait, it is too thick to be a letter stating that they were processing my application.  UUuggghhhhhh.......everything was sent back!!!!!  I apparently, in my very organized speediness, forgot to SIGN the application...hubby too!!!!!!  Uuuuggghhhhh!!!!!!!!  Now this DOES hold us back.  This process is taking 60 days, and because of my mistake I cost us a week!!  THAT STINKS!!!!

So now that I have vented, I am going to start all over and send off my I800A application.  Please let it take less than 60 days!!!

No comments: