Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Day 52.....

.....but what's the point in counting! China is on hold right now with adoptions, so the number of days is kind of thrown out the window at this point.

I did want to share something that my sweet friend, Susan, emailed me this morning. I thought that it fit perfectly with where I am right now in my relationship with God.

I must settle once and for all where my responsibility rests. God challenges me, “Who's going to run your life?” If it is I, then I must bear the responsibility; if God, He must bear the responsibility. My Bible tells me that when Jesus found me He placed me on His shoulders (Luke 15:5). Peter says, “Throw all your anxiety onto Him, for his concern is about you.: (I Peter 5:7)

I cannot have two masters; therefore, I must make a choice. If I choose God as my Master, I must relinquish all responsibility to myself. This means I cannot be perplexed about God's will for my life, for if it is His responsibility, then He must inform me, not I Him. All anxieties should cease for, if they do not, then I have assumed charge once again. For God will make clear to me at the right time what I need to know and what I need to do. All restlessness should cease, for restlessness means that I am not in control, I am not on top of things. Being “on top of things” is now God's business and not mine. Therefore I rest.

My sole responsibility is not responsibility but response. I merely look to the “hand” and the “eyes” of my Master (Psalm 123:2) and respond to His wishes. Then I hear myself saying with the psalmist, “I delight to do Thy will, O my God” (Psalm 40:8).



What a sweet reminder for me that all I have to do is sit back and enjoy the ride.

No comments: