Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Shot Number 2

Yesterday I went and got my second Hep A/Hep B shot. Only one more to go, and I don't have to get that one until August. I did ok...I had other things on my mind to distract me. There was a little girl on the shared list that grabbed my heart and squeezed yesterday. She is a very sick little girl. I could not stop thinking about her all day yesterday. I prayed and cried and prayed for her. We are not eligible to lock her file yet, but we had decided that if she was meant to be a part of our family that she would be and there was nothing we could do to change that. I was extremely excited this morning to get an email that said that she has a family now! God is so good! What a great answer to prayer! We need to lift up the orphans of the world. There are so many out there that need forever families. I asked God yesterday what He wanted me to do. In this case, I just needed to be praying for this precious little girl. And we needed to open our hearts to her in obedience to God. We did, and He answered our prayers that she would find a family and be able to get out of her present situation. I know our Ashlyn is out there. God will bring her to us one day, hopefully soon. In the meantime I will wait on Him and watch to see what He would have me do.

No comments: