Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mother's Day

Mother's Day was very nice at our house this year.  It is one of my favorite days of the year and I always look forward to it.  My amazing husband knows how much it means to me so he always stretches it out for a whole weekend.  I love my man!

This year was a bit low key.  I like it that way.  Just having a weekend to relax and do nothing if that is what I feel like.  Unfortunately this year my kids were not feeling well, so that is the reason that things were so low key.  Sometimes God just allows our house to get sick so that we stop and just be still.  It was a blessing to have such a peaceful weekend.  And, yes, my kids are feeling better now.  It was our bout with the "summer" cold.

I had a lot of time to myself.  A lot of time to reflect.  A lot of time to really see the blessings that God has given to me in being a mother.  I also felt the sting that I felt two years ago.  The sting of knowing that you have a child that is half way around the world from you and not with you where she belongs.  It is very hard for moms to celebrate Mother's Day and to not have a child with you.  Especially a young child.  That does not even know that she has a Momma.  I felt very blessed and sad at the same time. 

Praying for all of the Mommas that are waiting for their children.  Praying that the wait will end soon.

2 comments:

Valerie and Jeff said...

How hard to want to reach out but know that you cannot yet through touch anyway! Praying that the wait goes quickly and that God fills you with so much in those days apart. What a blessing to know that you are her mommy and that you will hold her soon!

Jennifer said...

Happy belated Mother's Day and I pray that you get to hold your next child very soon! Thanks for the well wishes...I do feel much better now. Have a blessed week.